From the beginning, McCrossin established their reputation as a firm built on quality, versatility, and integrity. Gilbert M. McCrossin was educated and trained in civil engineering and heavy construction, managing a large building and supply company before founding G.M. McCrossin in 1951. Upon incorporation in 1958, one of the firm’s first notable projects entailed dismantling the 30,000-seat stadium for the Penn State Nittany Lions and relocating it to its current location on the east end of campus. It was then reassembled and expanded to 46,284 seats, and named Beaver Stadium in 1960.
In 1972, the company welcomed one of McCrossin’s most respected and devoted executives when Robert M. Leahey was named Vice President of the Mechanical Division. Leahey became President five years later and eventually purchased the company with a business partner in 1993. In 2001, Robert M. Leahey’s sons, Robert F. Leahey and Joseph J. Leahey, purchased the remaining shares from his father’s business partner. Today, Joe holds the Vice Presidential position, and his brother, Bob, holds his father’s previous title as President.
Though the company is incorporated as “G.M. McCrossin,” we are widely known as McCrossin. We’ve retained our proud history without compromising progress—McCrossin honors its founder, but has become a company led by a collective team of dedicated employees in a new era. The Constructors, Mechanical, and Electrical divisions are headquartered in Bellefonte, PA, near Penn State University. There are Foundations division offices on either side of the state, in Hershey, in Hellertown and in Pittsburgh.
Full-service capabilities include construction management, prime contracting, sub-contracting, design-build, general contracting, electrical, mechanical, concrete, specialty geotechnical services, and safety training. We are proud of our relationships throughout the Mid-Atlantic and its surrounding regions.